Prof Ali Rezazadeh - personal details
Ali Rezazadeh is Professor of Microwave & mm-wave Engineering in the School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering at University of Manchester. He is also Director of Electromagnetics Research Centre. Professor Rezazadeh is the Co-Director of the Center for Doctoral Training in NOW Naonoscience at the University of Manchester
From 1990 to July 2002 he was a Reader in Microwaves & Photonics and the Head of the Microwave Circuits and Devices Research Group in the Department of Electronic Engineering at King's College, University of London. From 1983 to 1990 he was with GEC-Marconi Hirst Research Centre as a Research Scientist and became the Group Leader responsible for research and development into advanced heterojunction bipolar transistor devices and circuits for high speed and digital applications. In 1988, he became a Senior Research Associate - Group Leader responsible for research and development into advanced high electron mobility transistor devices and circuits for analogue applications.
He has taught many courses on Engineering Physics, Microwave and Photonics Devices and Circuits, Technology and Components for Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuits (MMICs) and short course on Fundamentals of Microwave Power Amplifier Designs annually held in the European Microwave Week Conference. He has authored several chapters of books and Conference Proceedings and has published over 150 refereed journal and conference papers.
Professor Rezazadeh is actively involved in the Intitute of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (IEEE): He is the Chairman of IEEE UKRI (MTT/ED/AP/LEO) joint Chapter; the Vice-Chair of IEEE Region 8 Electron Devices Society Chapter; Counsellor of the IEEE Univeristy of Manchester Student Branch. In 1993 he founded the IEEE International Symposium on High Performance Electron Devices for Microwave and Optoelectronic applications (EDMO). He is the recipient of a number of awards and in February 2000 received the IEEE Third Millennium Medal for his outstanding contributions in the advancement of Engineering.
- Founder and Member of TPC IEEE EDMO-Symposium
- IEEE UKRI Section member of Membership Development
- Member of Board of Directors of GAAS Association
- Member of EPSRC Peer Review College
- Member of Technical Committee of International Electron Device and Solid-State Circuit Conference EDSSC
- Member of TPC IEEE Indium Phosphide and other Related Materials International Conference(IPRM)
- Member of TPC IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium(IMS)
- Member of TPC IEEE UKRI Postgraduate Student High Frequency Conference (HFPG)
- Member of TPC International Conference on Advanced Semiconductor Devices and Microsystems (ASDAMM)
- University of Manchester IEEE Student-Branch Counselor
- Vice-Chair: IEEE Electron Devices Society (EDS) Region 8 Chapters
BSc, PhD, MIET, MIEEE, External Examiner