Electrical & Electronic Engineering (4 Years) [MEng]
View tabbed content | View all content (for printing)
A level: AAA including Maths and either Physics, Electronics or Further Maths
Duration of A level study: If you either sat your examinations early or followed an accelerated curriculum and spent three years studying A-levels where the examinations were taken over two years, your application will be considered against the standard selection process of your chosen course.If you have studied an advanced curriculum where the examinations are spread over three years, consideration for an offer will be at the discretion of the admissions tutor.
International Baccalaureate: 37 points overall including 6 points in Mathematics and Physics at Higher Level and 6 points in another related discipline at Higher Level.
Alternative entry requirements exist for this course. You may view these by selecting from the list below.
GCSE: English Language and Mathematics at grade C or above
- GCSE English Language Grade C
- GCE O-Level English Language Grade C
- IELTS 6.0 with no subtest less than 5.5
- TOEFL 550 (TWE of 5), Computer Based 213 (TWE of 5), Internet Based 79 (Minimum of 21 in writing and listening, 22 in reading and 23 in speaking)
- English First Language or English Second Language (Cambridge IGCSE) grade C
- Certificate of Proficiency in English or Certificate in Advanced English (Cambridge ESOL) grade C
Unit grade information: The University of Manchester welcomes the provision of unit grade information which, like all other available information, will inform the consideration of applications. Unit grades will not normally form part of offer conditions, except for Mathematics programmes.
Key Skills qualification: The University warmly welcomes applications from students studying the Key Skills qualification. However, as the opportunities to take these modules are not open to all applicants, currently this is not an essential requirement of the University.