You will have access to a wealth of study facilities including:
- The Joule Library which is dedicated solely to Science and Engineering.
- The John Rylands University Library, the third largest academic library in Britain.
- Personal Tutors provide teaching and learning support as well as pastoral care.
- Year Tutors, Programme Tutors and a Director of Studies provide a support network.
- The School's Disability Co-ordinator, with support from the University's Disability Support Office, provides appropriate teaching aids and facilities for those with learning difficulties and practical solutions for those with disabilities.
- All students are allocated an e-mail address, and are able to access members of staff including lecturers, personal tutors, year tutors and the Director of Studies.
- The School is well equipped with specialised teaching laboratories.
The School has extensive computer facilities, clusters of PC's for program development and computer aided design, as well as supporting standard word-processing, spreadsheet and database packages. There is also a dedicated microcontroller development laboratory. In addition, there are thousands of PCs in clusters around the campus and in the halls of residence.