Postgraduate study at a world ranking university
You’re here because you have a dream: to advance or change your career, to immerse yourself in a subject you love, to drive change, and to meet future mentors, colleagues and friends.
At The University of Manchester, with a master’s in electronic and electrical engineering, you’ll see your dreams take shape and become real.
Electrical and electronic engineering has an impact on virtually everyone in the world. From the basics of providing heat and light, through to the theoretical and practical applications of control systems, climate change or advances in renewable energy. The subject is indispensable.
The University of Manchester’s contribution to these advances is evidenced by our impressive result in the Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014). Ranked in the top three UK institutions in our discipline, this accolade is a clear indication of the importance and relevance of our research.
The world relies on the ingenuity of electrical and electronic engineers like you. Join our community of global innovators and pioneers this September and thrive at a university that encourages innovation, experimentation and creative thinking.
- We are one of the top three UK institutions teaching electrical and electronic engineering
- 93% of our research is ranked ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ in the Research Excellence Framework (2014)
- We are home to a fun, supportive student community with a host of clubs and societies
Excellence in teaching
Since 1824, we have been home to a community of global innovators and pioneers whose achievements have helped shape the modern world – a place where 25 Nobel Prize winners have worked or studied. In spite of the challenges facing us today, we’ll ensure you’ll study in an environment that helps brilliant thinkers turn inspiration into reality.
You can expect:
- Accreditation from the Institution of Engineering and Technology
- Access to outstanding facilities such as the National Instruments Teaching Lab, and the National Grid Power Systems research centre
- Learning how to develop, implement and harness the new technologies that are transforming our world
- Research lead courses ensuring excellent employability
Ensuring the highest-quality student experience
Manchester is here for you - every step of the way. Our priority is ensuring you have the best possible student experience. We are in this together and we will help navigate every challenge - from travel to accommodation.
Fees and funding
Find out what funding options are available to you as a Manchester master’s student.
Talk to us first
If you have questions you need answers to, or need application help, contact us.
Get in touch